Borno State Governor, Babagana Umara Zulum on Saturday inaugurated the Borno State Advisory Committee on Governance and Development, aimed at creating people’s inclusiveness and opportunity of control over their affairs.
The Committee is headed by Ambassador Usman Sarki as the Chairman.
Others are; Alh. Muhammad Mustapha Bintube, Hajja Kaka Suleiman Gumsuri, Alh. Musa Kida, Prof. Isa Hussaini Marte, Joerg Kuehnel, Prof. Ali Mburza, Prof. Iqbal Asaria, Hon. Alh. Bukar Tijjani, Dr. Mairo Mandara as Members, and Muhammad Bukar Badiya, will serve as Secretary.
Inaugurating the 10 man Advisory Committee at the Council Chambers of the Government House, Zulum said his administration is committed to making Borno a favored destination for businesses, investors, and partners, and will ensure that supremacy of the rule of law is of critical importance.
Zulum noted that his administration will continue to ensure that peace and security are sustained, which he said is critical to attain development in any society.
Speaking further, Zulum listed four specific terms of reference, which are listed below:
1. Advise the Governor on Governance and development issues that will fast track the renaissance and development of Borno State.
2. Explore potential National and Global opportunities including the Private Sector that will support the implementation of the Borno State 25 Years Development Plan.
3. Advise the Governor and explore opportunities on strengthening Government institutions for improved effectiveness and efficiency.
4. Actively champion and seek opportunities for Climate Action and Environmental Protection for Borno State.
5. Be champions for the Borno State 25 years Development Plan, and 10 years Strategic Transformation Initiatives.
Responding on behalf of the Committee, the Chairman, Ambassador Usman Sarki expressed gratitude to the Governor for finding them worthy to serve the State.
He assured the Governor that the Advisory Committee is clear about their responsibilities, and will be committed to bring out collective experiences and knowledge to support the Government.